Job Summary: A local client has been in business almost 20 years with multiple locations & growing. They have carved a reputation as industry pioneers by their excellence in innovation, quality & performance that is unmatched in their industry. Our client is looking for an Accounting/Clerical Specialist to join their team. The Accounting/Clerical Specialist performs all functions of accounts receivable, accounts payable (including wire transfer preparation of foreign currency), check book detail, credit card processing, credit/debit memo entry, invoicing, monitors posting of inventory and work order transactions to the general ledger ensuring proper dates and accounts are being used. This position also assists in the closing of the general ledger and preparation of journal entries and financial statements on a monthly basis. Other duties include entering customer orders as received, answer the phone when necessary to assist customers.
- Daily cash deposit and application to customer accounts
- Daily entry of AP invoices and reconciliation of purchase order receivers as appropriate
- Daily invoicing of shipments made, ensuring invoices are delivered in a timely manner
- Daily processing of credit card purchases by customers
- Daily data entry of deposits, checks, wire transfers into the company check book
- Daily collection and distribution of mail to office personnel
- Data entry of warranty card information as received
- Data entry of debit and credit memos as received
- Monitor and prepares repetitive payments as necessary
- Prepares weekly check run ensuring payments to vendors are made according to terms
- Accurately process customer orders
- Creates journal entries as necessary with guidance from supervisor
- Assist in monthly closing routine including reconciliation of AP/AR/Cash
- Collect/distribute mail and purchase office supplies for administrative office as required
Location: Madison County, IL
Position type: Full Time, Evaluation Hire
Pay: Up to $15/hr, BOE
- Two-year college degree in accounting or business preferred with 2 years’ experience OR
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in accounting including all aspects through general ledger
- Knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Office and common office equipment
- General knowledge of the manufacturing industry, shipping of products and related software
How To Apply: Submit a completed application to the Edwardsville location by visiting www.expresspros.com. Call 618-288-8011 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or inquiries!
About Express Employment Professionals: Express was founded in 1983 and began franchising in 1985. A privately held company, Express has more than 800 office locations in the U.S., Canada, and South Africa. Express Employment Professionals provides employment solutions to job seekers in need of a job that matches their skills and schedule. There are many advantages by choosing Express. One application makes you eligible for multiple positions with top companies, and there are no fees for job seekers.