Job Summary: Our client in St. Clair County is looking for an Accounting Manager to join their team. Since 1977 our client has been bringing their customers the highest level of service & dedication in the St. Louis Metro Area, with multiple locations. The responsibilities of the Account Manager include:
- Prepares asset, liability & capital account entries by compiling/analyzing account info.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account info.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes financial status: collect info; preparing balance sheet, profit & loss statement.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing & recommending policies/procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities & answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting & analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation & requesting disbursements.
- Answer accounting procedure questions by researching accounting policy/regulations.
- Complies with federal, state & local financial legal requirements by studying existing & new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, & advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting/analyzing/summarizing account info and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence & protects operations by keeping financial info confidential.
- Maintains professional & technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Location: St. Clair County, IL
Position type: Full Time, Evaluation Hire
Pay: Up to $70,000/yr, BOE
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8a-5p
Benefits provided by Client: PTO, Simple IRA, supplemented health insurance, dental & AFLAC coverage
- 2+ years of Accounting experience at a regional firm including (Full-cycle accounting, G/L, journal entries, tax, fixed assets) required.
- Reporting Skills, Attention to Detail, SFAS Rules, Confidentiality, Time Management, Data Entry Management, Proficient in Excel, Word & Outlook, Knowledge of QuickBooks, Experience in remodeling/construction industry is a plus.
- Prefers: 2.5 Years of public accounting & 1.5 years as a senior staff accountant, Tax & audit experience, financial statement preparation, monthly close, intercompany transactions, bank & GL reconciliations, journal entry posting/review.
How To Apply: Priority will be given to those who submit an online application to our website at https://www.expresspros.com/FairviewHeightsIL/. You can also email your resume to Jobs.FairviewHeightsIL@ExpressPros.com. Be sure to include the job title in the subject line! Please call 618-726-2140 with any questions.
About Express Employment Professionals: Express was founded in 1983 and began franchising in 1985. A privately held company, Express has more than 800 office locations in the U.S., Canada, and South Africa. Express Employment Professionals provides employment solutions to job seekers in need of a job that matches their skills and schedule. There are many advantages by choosing Express. One application makes you eligible for multiple positions with top companies, and there are no fees for job seekers.