CMC ELECTRIC IS HIRING!
Job Title: Electrician
CMC Electric, Inc. is accepting applications for full time, non-exempt Electricians for both residential and commercial divisions, providing electrical work to include repair and servicing, commercial work, residential new construction, and residential rewiring. All CMC Electric, Inc. Electricians are motivated self-starters who can work independently and find solutions to complete jobs accurately and efficiently. All Electricians are a part of the customer experience, and all Electricians help provide customer needs assessments, evaluate customer satisfaction, and meet quality standards for services based on internal and external standards and regulations. This position services customers on residential and commercial customers’ premises.
Specific tasks may include:
• Ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
• Plan or assist in the planning of layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, prepare sketches, or follow blueprints, based on job specifications and local codes.
• Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, diagnosis of malfunctions, the need for adjustment or repair, and correct problems accordingly.
• Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures using testing devices such as ohmmeters and voltmeters to ensure compatibility and safety of system, utilizing electrical testing methods such as Infrared, Insulation Resistance, and Power Quality on energized and de-energized electrical systems.
• Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatuses, and fixtures.
• 4+ years of residential or commercial electrical work experience, OR a combination of work experience AND completion of coursework at a trade school, technical college, or approved apprenticeship training program.
• Knowledge of NEC and IRC codes and referencing service guides, schematics, and manufacturer specifications.
• Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify problems.
• Troubleshooting skills to identify malfunctions and make necessary repairs.
If a job offer is extended, Candidate must complete a background check (criminal/civil check; driving record and verification of valid driver’s license; drug screen; references check; employment history, education, and credentials verification). Candidate must provide own hand tools.
Starting pay is commensurate with experience. Electricians are eligible for benefits including medical insurance and paid time off.
Hours are 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Jobs and projects may require after-hours and on-call scheduling and overnight stays away from the immediate service area.
About the Company:
CMC Electric is a growing, family-owned, local, and reputable Electrical Contracting business. We pride ourselves on providing an ethical business foundation, we take pride in our work, and we value our customers’ satisfaction. We are appreciative of our employees, and we strive to provide a hospitable and friendly culture. We want our employees to enjoy coming to work, and we want this to be a great employment experience for all of our employees. Please visit CMC Electric’s website at www.cmcelectricinc.comfor more information about the company.
How To Apply:
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to
P.O. Box 37, Collinsville, IL 62234
Apply in person:
2714 Maryville Road, Maryville, Illinois.
No phone calls.