Bilingual Personal Banker - Fairmont City Center
TheBANK of Edwardsville - Fairmont City Center
The hours for this posting:
Monday - Friday 9:45am - 6:15pm
Saturday - 8:45am - 12:15pm
*Will get 1/2 day off during the week when working Saturday.
*Will work 2 - 3 Saturdays per month.
*Hours will vary.
The Bilingual (English/Spanish) Personal Banker is responsible for achieving set sales goals in all areas, including loans,
deposits, referrals, and cross selling. The Banker also opens new deposit accounts, assists in the processing and
closing of retail loans, and assists customers with questions on deposit accounts and retail loans.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide excellent service in assisting customers in accessing & using TheBANK’s services (i.e., opening new deposits, account changes, answering customer inquiries, etc.)
- Originate retail loans and assist with loan verifications, credit reports, title work, appraisals, disclosures, setting up files, and closings
- Sell and promote TheBANK’s loan, TIG, investment, deposit, and other retail services products to potential and existing customers in order to achieve sales goals
- Make outbound calls and assist in external business development and marketing TheBANK’s products
- Responsible for achieving set sales goals in all areas, including loans, deposits, referrals, and cross selling
- Keep current on banking regulations and TheBANK's policies and procedures
- Assist in meeting the retail goals of the center, including but not limited to loan growth, deposit growth, referrals to business partners, cross-selling bank products, and outbound calls.
- Perform other duties as assigned and that may be unique to the branch (i.e. Safe Deposit Accounts, loan credit reports)
- Perform duties and responsibilities of the management Career Path Program if applicable
REQUIRED Personal Banker I:
- Ability to present, explain and sell retail products
- Advanced Written and Oral Communication skills
- General math skills
- Skills to operate basic office equipment
- Up to 2 years of post-High School education or training
- Up to one year new account or other approved relevant experience
- Problems/decisions may be complex, require independent judgment and have significant organizational impact
- Requires a high degree of interpersonal skills that involve problem resolution with co-workers, supervisors, officers, customers, and external contacts
- Ability to set priorities and deadlines with independence
- *Successful completion of in house Consumer Lending Training
- *Consistent High Performance, including attaining the Fully Satisfactory Level of retail sales goals
* to be achieved within 6 months on the job for new hires
RECOMMENDED for Banker I (required for advancement to Personal Banker II):
- Successful completion of the Personal Banker Skills class (held in-house)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.