Job Summary: Our client in Madison County is looking for a CAD Designer to join their team. The CAD Designer follows the quality production processes and works together in a team constructing specialized tooling for foundries, aerospace & various industries. This includes: permanent molds, wood/foam/metal patterns, composite/metal laminating mandrels & fixtures.
- Utilize Solidworks to modify and create 3D models for Mastercam.
- Read blueprints and verify job specific dimensions of tooling.
- Inspect customer provided models & drawings for accuracy.
- Communicate with customers as needed to design tooling.
- Coordinate customer requirements and production methods to design tooling, 3D models and work orders.
- Facilitate design and job reviews.
- Inspect finished tooling to blueprint specifications using templates and measuring instruments.
- Construct templates for layout and inspection.
- General pattern shop work; material storage and tooling preparation.
- Assist finishing patterns using appropriate tools to complete pattern to customer specifications.
- Assist machine operators with glue-ups, machining set-up and tool cutting.
Location: Madison County, IL
Position type: Full Time, Direct Hire
Pay: Starting at $65,000/yr
Benefits provided by Client (once hired on): Benefits start after 90 days of being hired on which include: medical and dental insurance, 10 holidays, 10 vacation days, IRA (3% company match after 1 year), Incentive Program.
- Engineering degree and/or 2 years of CAD Design experience.
- Accurate & detailed drawings.
- Must possess extreme attention to detail.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently & take initiative.
- Must possess excellent organizational, problem-solving & interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced work environment.
- Able to work in a patternmaking environment involving dust, noise & fumes.
- Familiar with ASI 9100 Certifications
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
How To Apply: Submit a completed application to the Edwardsville location at www.expresspros.com or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Express Employment Professionals: Express was founded in 1983 and began franchising in 1985. A privately held company, Express has more than 800 office locations in the U.S., Canada, and South Africa. Express Employment Professionals provides employment solutions to job seekers in need of a job that matches their skills and schedule. There are many advantages by choosing Express. One application makes you eligible for multiple positions with top companies, and there are no fees for job seekers.