Job Summary: Our client in Madison County is looking for a CAD Designer to join their team. The CAD Designer follows the quality production processes and works together in a team constructing specialized tooling for foundries, aerospace & various industries. This includes: permanent molds, wood/foam/metal patterns, composite/metal laminating mandrels & fixtures.
- Utilize Solidworks to modify & create 3D models for Mastercam.
- Read blueprints and verify job specific dimensions of tooling.
- Inspect customer provided models & drawings for accuracy.
- Communicate with customers as needed to design tooling.
- Coordinate customer requirements & production methods to design tooling, 3D models & work orders.
- Facilitate design & job reviews.
- Inspect finished tooling to blueprint specifications using templates & measuring instruments.
- Construct templates for layout & inspection.
- General pattern shop work; material storage & tooling preparation.
- Assist finishing patterns using appropriate tools to complete pattern to customer specifications.
- Assist machine operators with glue-ups, machining set-up and tool cutting.
Location: Madison County, IL
Position type: Full Time, Eval/Direct Hire
Pay: Up to $29/hr, BOE
- 2 years of experience in CAD design.
- Accurate & detailed drawings.
- Must possess extreme attention to detail.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently & take initiative.
- Must possess excellent organizational, problem-solving & interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced work environment.
- Able to work in a patternmaking environment involving dust, noise & fumes.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
How To Apply: Please visit our website at www.expresspros.com to submit an online application to our Edwardsville office location.
About Express Employment Professionals: Express was founded in 1983 and began franchising in 1985. A privately held company, Express has more than 800 office locations in the U.S., Canada, and South Africa. Express Employment Professionals provides employment solutions to job seekers in need of a job that matches their skills and schedule. There are many advantages by choosing Express. One application makes you eligible for multiple positions with top companies, and there are no fees for job seekers.