Job Summary: Our client in Madison County is looking for a Software Developer to join their team. The Software Developer is responsible for working with staff to define software solutions and then develop, implement and support the technical components of that solution.
Location: Madison County, IL
Position type: Full Time, Evaluation Hire
Pay: Up to $80,000/yr, BOE
Client Benefits (once hired on by client): Benefits package includes a comprehensive BC/BS health insurance policy which the client will cover 50% of the premium for as well as additional dental and vision insurance plans (eligible after 3 months of employment) and a SEP IRA retirement fund that the client will match up to 3% towards (eligible after 1 year).
- Programming Languages: VB.NET with understanding of Visual Basic 6
- Database Knowledge: Microsoft SQL, MySQL, Pervasive SQL, FoxPro, MS Access, Advantage
- Data Reporting Tool: Crystal Reports
- Ability to work with users to define software requirements and translate those requirements into detailed program designs and code
- Understanding of relational database structure and demonstrated experience in developing code
- Knowledge across a mix of programming languages including VB.Net, SQL and HTML
- Experience in object-oriented design concepts and architecture
- Capability to successfully manage and deliver small projects
- Ability to define and execute rigorous test plans
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage/coach others
- Excellent customer focus and a willingness to deliver high quality outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience managing the support and enhancement of systems running in a high-volume production environment.
- Ability to work in a distributed environment.
- Good understanding of hardware and software.
- Good judgment in proactively identifying issues and recommending solutions to others.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to ensure effective support and development of applications.
How To Apply: Submit a completed application to the Edwardsville location at www.expresspros.com or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Express Employment Professionals: Express was founded in 1983 and began franchising in 1985. A privately held company, Express has more than 800 office locations in the U.S., Canada, and South Africa. Express Employment Professionals provides employment solutions to job seekers in need of a job that matches their skills and schedule. There are many advantages by choosing Express. One application makes you eligible for multiple positions with top companies, and there are no fees for job seekers.