Position: Membership Director (Full-Time)
Location: Collinsville, Maryville, Troy(CMT)
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Membership Director leads the branch membership team in attracting, engaging and retaining members. This includes driving an excellent member experience, increasing membership enrollment, and enhancing membership connections/engagement, thereby increasing membership and program satisfaction and retention. This position ensures the membership department operates efficiently and employs a continuous improvement model to meet and/or exceed goals for satisfaction, membership mix and budgeted net membership revenue.
Commitment to Creating a Member Centric Exceptional Experience:
- Creates a member-focused culture and models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
- Fosters a climate of innovation and resolves problems swiftly to ensure member satisfaction.
New Member Acquisition/Enrollment:
- Drives membership enrollment including, meeting/exceeding revenue goals (net) for new and existing membership and optimizes the branch(s)’ membership mix to grow revenue and improve the new member experience.
- Collaborating with the association resource team and branch leadership team to execute enrollment and marketing plans for the center
- Overseeing the Welcome Specialist in the acquisition process including but not limited to, providing tours to prospective members, follow-up on opportunities to increase membership and converts prospects to members.
Membership Engagement and Retention:
- Increase member connection and commitment to YMCA programs, services and philanthropic opportunities ensuring the member experience is consistent, integrated and aligned to YMCA goals including:
- Gathers and analyzes data about member satisfaction and interests to ensure connection to program, services and other members
- Collaborate with branch leadership, and professional team to ensure the member experience is consistent, integrated and aligned with members’ needs.
- Oversees new and returning members’ experience to ensure effective onboarding to include the MYFITness introduction to the wellness team and additional program teams.
- Implements relationship development strategies, such as member challenges, to increase membership engagement and retention.
- Leads assigned aspects of the Annual Campaign in an effort to increase member giving.
- Oversees Volunteer Management Process for assigned branch and ensures a smooth onboarding process in an effort to engage members in volunteerism efforts.
Membership Administration and Service Center Operations:
- Ensures proper implementation of service center standard operating procedures. Reviews and communicates standard operating procedure updates and changes to the service center team and professional team as needed.
- Coordinates with the Association Resource Office on financial transactions and member follow up accordingly.
- Participates in the planning of the annual budget; manages and implements the approved budget for membership and takes appropriate action to correct variances.
- Provides Leadership and Coaching to Welcome Specialist, Engagement Specialist, MSA Leads and MSAs to motivate and retain a team committed to the YMCA’s mission and brand promise.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers. Reviews and evaluates staff performance.
- Represents the YMCA at community events to promote the YMCA in collaboration with the professional team.
- Advocates for association wide practices and is a source for innovative ways to grow the membership experience, base and practices.
- Provides collaborative leadership and guidance to peers through association-wide membership meetings, direct one-on-one best practice sharing both in and outside the branch.
- Cause Driven Leader on Duty when applicable.
- Monitors staff development plans and training opportunities that promote career growth within the Y.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, and fitness related field or equivalent experience preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience in customer service and/or sales preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport and credibility quickly
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent computer skills and experience with standard business software.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to work in highly flexible, rapidly changing and fast paced work environment
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
- Experience in health and wellness a plus.
The YMCA Welcomes a Diverse Workforce
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Must Pass Criminal History Background Check
Must Pass E-Verify Check
Internal candidates must submit Internal Job Posting Application with resume. (See HR section of intranet for form)