Job Summary: Are you an experienced diesel mechanic that is looking for a company that you can grow with & potentially transition into a lead technician? Our client in St. Clair County is looking for an experienced Diesel Mechanic to join their team. The D.M. duties:
- Determine vehicle conditions.
- Conduct inspections and run diagnostic tests.
- Identify and replace worn or damaged parts.
- Keep up with preventative maintenance schedules.
- Assemble, disassemble or sub-assemble components, parts or systems.
- Make adjustments and alignments as needed.
- Conduct test drives to diagnose problems and confirm the problem has been corrected.
- Comply with federal and state vehicle requirements.
- Maintain vehicle records.
- Maintain shop equipment and follow operating instructions.
- Maintain cost-efficiency.
Location: St. Clair County, IL
Position type: Full Time, Evaluation Hire
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a diesel mechanic
- Must have experience with engine repair: Cummins, ISX, ISM, DD15 & 60 Series Detroit
- Must be A/C certified or willing to get certified in the first 90 days of employment
- Must be able to acquire Class A CDL within 90 days
- Willing to be flexible due to work load & shifts
How To Apply: Priority will be given to those who submit an online application to our website at https://www.expresspros.com/fairviewheightsil/. You can also email your resume to Jobs.FairviewHeightsIL@ExpressPros.com. Be sure to include the job title in the subject line!
About Express Employment Professionals: Express was founded in 1983 and began franchising in 1985. A privately held company, Express has more than 760 office locations in the U.S., Canada, and South Africa. Express Employment Professionals provides employment solutions to job seekers in need of a job that matches their skills and schedule. There are many advantages by choosing Express. One application makes you eligible for multiple positions with top companies, and there are no fees for job seekers.