Part Time: Mechanic Assistant
The City of Collinsville is accepting applications for the position of Mechanic Assistant. This is a part-time, non-union position that reports to the Lead Mechanic. This position will work up to 29 hours per week.
The mechanic assistant will perform a variety of duties to support the Lead Mechanic and Fleet Mechanic to ensure the city's fleet of vehicles and equipment are safe, reliable, and properly maintained.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Transporting a variety of vehicles and equipment including passenger and police vehicles to and from various city locations and vendors
- Picking up and delivering parts, materials, and supplies, and running errands, as directed
- Ordering, stocking, and taking inventory of parts, materials, and supplies
- Performing minor preventive maintenance on gasoline, diesel, and electric powered vehicles and equipment
- Assisting with light mechanical work on a variety of gasoline, diesel and electric powered vehicles and equipment
- Washing and detailing vehicles and equipment
- Performing vehicle and equipment inspections and
- Performing general cleaning of the shop area and office areas, sweeping and mopping floors, disposing of trash, cleaning restrooms and other duties as assigned.
The successful applicant must have a high school diploma or equivalent and two years of automotive or shop experience and must possess a valid driver's license in good standing (clear driving record).
Candidates with an equivalent combination of training and work experience are encouraged to apply.