Senior Companion ProgramSenior Companions are older adult volunteers who help their peers live independently by assisting with necessary daily tasks in their homes by:
- Reminding them when to take medications
- Encouraging them to remain active
- Providing contact with the outside world
- Offering information about services in the community
- Giving free time to primary caregivers
Senior Companions must be 55 years of age or older, able to commit to 20 hours per week of volunteer service, have a fixed and/or limited income and enjoy helping others. They become part of a team of caregivers that can alert doctors and family members to new or potential health problems. But more importantly, they give a human, caring touch to a life that could otherwise be isolated from the outside world.
Senior Companions are available in Madison, Monroe, Randolph and St. Clair counties in Southern Illinois.
For more information on the Senior Companion Program, please call 618-797-7369 or email Elaine.email@example.com