Job Summary: A client in Madison County is looking for a District Executive to join their team. The District Executive works with a volunteer board of directors and other community and business leaders to identify, recruit, train, guide, and inspire them to become involved in youth programs. The D.E. will achieve progress towards specific goals and objectives which include, but are not limited to:
- Program development through collaborative relationships, volunteer recruitment and training, fundraising, membership recruitment and retention, community relations.
- Be responsible for extending programs to religious, civic, fraternal, educational, and other community-based organizations through volunteers.
- Secure adequate financial support for programs in assigned area.
- Achieve net income and participation objectives for assigned day camps and activities.
- Recruit leadership for finance campaign efforts to meet the financial needs of the organization.
- Collaborate with adult volunteers and oversee achievement of training for their respective role.
- Be a good role model and recognize the importance of working relationships with other professionals and volunteers. The executive must have communication skills and be able to explain the program’s goals and objectives to the public.
- Provide quality service through timely communication, regular meetings & training events
- Have a willingness and ability to devote long and irregular hours to achieve council and district objectives.
Location: Madison County, IL Position type: Full Time, Evaluation/Direct Hire Pay: Up to $42,500/yr, BOE
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Attained 21 years of age or older unless prohibited by any applicable law.
- Ability to work varied hours when necessary, evening activities and weekend work is frequently required to achieve positive objectives.
- Ability to travel for training at least once a year for one week.
- Offers for employment are subject to criminal, reference and motor vehicle background checks.
- Strong marketing, fund-raising and program development background is highly desired
- Non-profit, fundraising or sales experience is a plus
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and interacting with diverse audiences.
- Excellent people skills, enthusiastic, punctual, responsible and creative.
- Self-motivated individual with solid time management skills and strong organizational skills in management, budgeting, and planning.
- Committed to personal and professional productivity, while maintaining high ethical and professional working standards.
How To Apply: Submit a completed application to the Edwardsville location at www.expresspros.com
About Express Employment Professionals: Express was founded in 1983 and began franchising in 1985. A privately held company, Express has more than 800 office locations in the U.S., Canada, and South Africa. Express Employment Professionals provides employment solutions to job seekers in need of a job that matches their skills and schedule. There are many advantages by choosing Express. One application makes you eligible for multiple positions with top companies, and there are no fees for job seekers.