Job Summary: Do like fixing things and knowing how they work? One of the world’s leading manufacturing company is looking for a Journeyman Electrician to join their team. The Journeyman Electrician installs, maintains & repairs machinery/equipment/physical structures & electrical systems. Essential duties include:
- Performs mechanical/electrical repairs & preventative maintenance.
- Operates mobile/powered & heavy equipment to load/unload, remove/transport materials.
- Inspects equipment for loose, worn or defective parts; misalignment and improper lubrication. Makes repairs and adjustments for proper operation and maintenance of operating units, overhead cranes, conveyors, building and mobile equipment.
- Repairs, replaces, installs, dismantles, assembles, adjusts, maintains and lubricates mechanical/electrical equipment. Including but not limited to, motors, generators, exciter sets, control panels, relays, interlocking control systems, circuit breakers, static switching units, electronic devices, lighting and distribution systems, communication systems, etc. Performs mechanical work pertaining to the repair, installation and maintenance of electrical equipment.
- Repairs pneumatic and hydraulic valves. Assists on air conditioning/computer repairs.
- Understands and applies practical knowledge of A.C. and D.C. electrical principles, high voltage, ladder logic, PLC and basic industrial electronics. Interprets and analyzes electrical blueprints, schematic and wiring diagrams. Lines up power distribution system to meet operating conditions and records meter readings.
- Uses power tools, hand tools, test equipment, conduit bending, instrumentation testing and related equipment in making repairs and installations.
- Performs burning and welding operations as required commensurate with certification/training.
- Composes required maintenance reports & answers service calls.
Location: Madison County, IL
Position type: Full Time, Evaluation/Direct Hire
Pay: Up to $60,000/yr, BOE
Benefits from Client: This client offers many benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & 401K. This client VALUE's their employees! Along with your salary and benefits, they will discuss your personal development goals and help you plan for your future. They offer classes, help you develop and learn new skills, and set attainable goals personally & professionally to ensure a bright future.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to calculate figures/amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to define and solve problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Knowledge of manufacturing software preferred.
- Ability to regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds and occasionally move up to 100 pounds.
How To Apply: Priority will be given to those who submit an online application to our website at www.expresspros.com/EdwardsvilleIL/. You can also email your resume to jobs.edwardsvilleIL@expresspros.com. Be sure to include the job title in the subject line! Call 618-288-8011 or email email@example.com with any questions or inquiries!
About Express Employment Professionals: Express was founded in 1983 and began franchising in 1985. A privately held company, Express has more than 800 office locations in the U.S., Canada, and South Africa. Express Employment Professionals provides employment solutions to job seekers in need of a job that matches their skills and schedule. There are many advantages by choosing Express. One application makes you eligible for multiple positions with top companies, and there are no fees for job seekers.