Job Summary: We are looking for a Process Technician to join a growing team that has been in business for over 27 years. Duties include:
- Sample new molds and give a written report on refinements necessary to achieve production capability to achieve quoted cycle time and product output.
- Improve the profit margins of production jobs through process optimization & scrap reduction
- Demonstrate and apply an advanced level of understanding of plastic processing
- Provide processing expertise and guidance to Supervisors and Set-up Technicians.
- Ensure each job running meets or beats quoted cycle, scrap rate, and labor estimates. Provide written recommendations for those jobs that do not hit quoted efficiencies and labor.
- Ensure all optimum processes are saved to disk (as available on the press) and written down on the approved set-up sheet. The set-up sheet must include:
- Watering diagrams, hot sprue settings, nozzle type, mold temp(s), ejector strokes
- Any typical problem with its corresponding processing solution
- Operate in full support of the Company’s quality and safety standards
- Raise all quality and safety issues to the attention of management
- Recommend new equipment and technologies to increase efficiencies, lower scrap/reduce labor
- Fill out maintenance and tool work request on the day that the problem is noticed
Location: O’Fallon, MO
Position type: Full time, Direct Hire
Pay: $18/hr - $23/hr BOE ($400 bonus after 3 months / $500 bonus after 6 months)
Benefits provided by Client: Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, 401k (company match after 1 year), Holiday Pay
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Injection Molding
- Forklift training and certification
- Steel-toe shoes/boots
- Standing and walking for up to 4 hours at a time
- Ability to work with hands and tools extended above shoulder height
How To Apply: Submit a completed application to the Edwardsville location at www.expresspros.com or email your resume to Callum.Kiddell@ExpressPros.com