Bauer Family Donations at the Collinsville Library
Collinsville, IL –The Collinsville Memorial Library Center is the recipient of historic
Collinsville memorabilia from the Bauer family.
The family of Roland and Jean Bauer donated several colored pencil drawings of historic
Collinsville buildings, including Berg & Becker’s Flour Mill, the residence of Thomas J. Ramey
atop Monks Mound, and the Collinsville Public School building located at the corner of Church
and Center Streets (location of the current Webster Elementary School). Also donated were
colored lithograph plat maps of Collinsville circa 1906 and a monetary bequest from Jean M.
Bauer. The drawings and plat maps are on display in the library’s lower level.
The library previously received as donations from Roland Bauer a grandfather clock and several
aerial photos of Collinsville from the 1940s. The photos and clock are on display in the main
The Collinsville Memorial Library Center is located at 408 West Main Street and is a member of
the Mississippi Valley Library District.
About the Library District
The Mississippi Valley Library District has served the Collinsville area since 1915 and the
Fairmont City area since 2000. In addition to books, movies, and music, the Library District
provides free access to e-books, e-magazines, video games, and streaming music and movies.
The Library District is a member of the Illinois Heartland Library System and the SHARE
resource sharing consortium, which connects over 400 libraries in southern and central Illinois.
For more information please visit www.mvld.org.
CONTACT: Kyla Waltermire, Manager-Collinsville Memorial Library Center
Mississippi Valley Library District
408 West Main Street, Collinsville, IL 62234
P: 618-344-1112 ext. 202 F: 618-345-6401