Gateway Center seeks 2018 Festival of Trees Applicants
Festival of Trees Selection Criteria
The Collinsville Convention Authority Board of Directors, representing Gateway Center, established the annual Festival of Trees event to give back to the community
The following criteria will be used to consider organizations applying to be a future recipient of proceeds. The criteria are listed for guideline purposes only; other criteria may be considered in the selection process. The Convention Authority also will consider joint applications from more than one organization, with details provided as to how each organization will meet the criteria and volunteer requirements.
Please note, the recipient organization is required to reimburse the Authority 50% of the total cost associated with the food and beverages, as well as the entertainment within 30-days following the event. The recipient organization bears all upfront costs for items to be auctioned or sold to guests.
Main Organization Qualifications:
1. Serves the community – primarily a Collinsville (corporate city limits) based entity.
Since local hospitality taxes help fund the Convention Center and Visitors Bureau, benefit should go to a charity or Not-For-Profit organization serving the city of Collinsville.
2. Identified project – proceeds entitled to the recipient from the Festival of Trees will be used for civic or charitable purposes with emphasis given to the use of funds in our own community.
3. An established Not-For-Profit community entity – either a subdivision of a nationally recognized service or charitable organization, or a subdivision of a governmental entity, or a charitable foundation based in the city of Collinsville.
Organizations and Entities meeting the above criteria are then judged based on the following:
1. Past participation in the Festival of Trees, including support of other recipient organizations
through volunteers, donations, tree/wreath sponsorships, etc.
2. Capability with adequate volunteers and financial resources to:
a. Plan the event
b. Solicit trees
c. Make wreaths and centerpieces for auction
d. Conduct the judging, auction, raffle and sales
e. Deliver the trees
3. Organizations that plan to use the funds for the following:
a. Beautification of the city
b. Historical preservation
d. Economic development of the community
e. Parks and recreation in the community
f. Civic pride and improvement of the community
g. Other missions that will enhance the quality of life in the community, i.e. library,
YMCA, Cahokia Mounds Society, schools
Reapplying for future consideration: Organizations not selected as the beneficiary of the Festival of Trees may reapply in following years. The deadline for submitting an application for the 2019 Festival of Trees is March 19, 2018. The 2019 Festival of Trees will be held on Wednesday, December 4, 2019.
Please submit applications to:
Attn: Executive Director
One Gateway Drive
Collinsville, IL 62234
Festival of Trees Recipient Application
- Youth and/or special needs in the community