FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Oct. 6, 2017
For media inquiries:
Earn credits during winter break with SWIC online courses
Don’t sit around all winter break – get ahead and fill your time with online courses!
Southwestern Illinois College will offer 14 online courses that can be completed in six weeks during the semester break period, starting Nov. 27, 2017 and ending Jan. 8, 2018.
These classes provide students the opportunity to earn additional credits or finish degree prerequisites in a short period of time.
“These classes are perfect for SWIC students working toward a degree, or university students who need to earn some additional credits that will transfer to their institution,” said Amanda Starkey, Online Learning liaison. “Online courses make it more convenient to earn credit during the hectic holiday season.”
Courses available include:
- AOJ-258-SB1 Computer Forensics/Cyber Crime – three semester credits
- ART-101-SB1 Art Appreciation – three semester credits
- BIOL-106-SB1 Environmental Science – three semester credits
- BUS-101-SB1 Introduction To Business – three semester credits
- ECON-201-SB1 Principles of Economics I (Macro) – three semester credits
- HES-151-SB1 Personal Health And Wellness – two semester credits
- HRO-100-SB1 Medical Terminology – one semester credit
- HRO-150-SB1 Fundamentals of Nutrition – two semester credits
- MATH-94-SB1 Basic Algebra – four semester credits
- MUS-101-SB1 Music Appreciation – three semester credits
- PSYC-151-SB1 General Psychology – three semester credits
- SOC-255-SB1 The Family – three semester credits
- SPCH-155-SB1 Interpersonal Communication – three semester credits
- THEA-120-SB1 Theatre Appreciation – three semester credits
for details or call Enrollment Services at 618-235-2700, ext. 5455.