Navigating the Social Media and Workplace Intersection (Webinar)Name: Navigating the Social Media and Workplace Intersection (Webinar)Date: August 24, 2017Time: 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM CDTEvent Description:
While we may be getting tired of seeing posts about what some friend-of-a-friend had for dinner or frustrated that our family members can view an online profile and know what’s going on in our lives before we do, social media is here to stay. Given social media’s prevalence, issues involving social technology and the workplace are inevitable. Still, many employers are unsure of how they should address the social media issues that intersect with the workplace. This webinar will address the main questions raised by this intersection and will provide tips to help employers navigate social media issues with confidence.
Topics to be discussed:
• Can we fire an employee for his social media posts?
• To what extent can we use social media for hiring decisions?
• Can we be liable for what our employees post on social media?
• Can (or should) we monitor our employees’ social media activity?
• Can we require employees to provide us with access to their social media account?
• Employer tips.
Click Here to Register!